Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Week For Forgetting

In weeklong meditation and in the midst of familiar sights and sounds the conversations reaffirm the past like dreams recalled fondly.

Almost as if commas periods and spaces losetheirsignificance

Refrains.

Chorus.

Codas.

The same points assigned to goals and touchdowns.

As an adult I am left to choose which subcultural myths and legends to pass on magically and mystically.

Which ones to create from a blender of tales swirled together.

Miracles.

Wonders.

Heroes.

After all, what is the truth that makes sense to youth growing up out of pure ignorance?

Must life be bigger than life just because a child wants to know more than we do?

How do we keep traditions and let our children learn the secrets behind myths that contain mistakes that kicked off a subculture's perpetual traditiontelling?

Ask one to be one?

Or be happy in our ignornce (trusting in one's faith)?

I have no children so in my meditation I stay, not required to reveal myths or keep the flame of faith alive.

That is what the holiday meditation has taught me this year: not to interfere with happiness of others, no matter what they believe or talk about, because they have found the thought set based on a unique state of energy mix that works best for their environmental conditions.

May I find the humbleness to keep quiet in 2011 and focus on my lifelong journey toward death in a healthier body, reducing my consumption of food I don't need and goods I don't want.

I have communicated to anonymous readers the filtered thoughts that've found their way onto "paper" like this through the years.

The older I get, the more frequent does life break down into its component parts to me. Let the world have its myths, legends, religions, literary/sports heroes...

In a dream or vision, I saw us as our states of energy landing on an unidentifiable planetoid leaving our legacy in the form of a stowaway bacterial lifeform that survived after we perished, representing us to other lifeforms passing by on the way to what we imagine is another universe [thousands or millions of years later than today?].

Hardly a high-volume, marketable product, is it?

Now you know why I seek to silence my voice in the future.

There is nothing more I can add to our multicultural global socioeconomopolitical entity we call our species in this solar system.

I wanted more knowledge about what will become of us and got what I asked for. Early happy Christmas to me, huh?

In this season when we find our own way to celebrate the renewal of life as seen from the Northern Hemisphere, I bid you good day.

My time with you here has come to a close. The Committee of 7.5 is looking for a new spokesperson, if you're interested in an impossible job to perform (it comes with no description, no pay, no perks/bonuses and very picky bosses to satisfy (as well as seven billion customers with seven billion different needs!) but it's a lot of fun as long as you want to keep the job).

No comments:

Post a Comment