Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taco Bell and Soap Operas

I wish I had...

I am thankful for the body I have but wish I had developed better memorisation habits earlier in my life.

I wish I could thank a person I no longer remember.  Sometime, a while back, I recall a person comparing fastfood chains to soap operas, in that, on a regular basis, you create a new "menu" item [storyline] with a limited set of ingredients [actors] to keep customers coming back.

Have I ever eaten the evil twin of a taco, though?

What burrito has betrayed its brother by cheating on my nachos?

= = = = =

On a separate but repetitive note, are we learning the true lesson from the exposed inner workings of the U.S. government, including the wikiworks and the Nixon tapes?

That is, are we aware that public figures have private thoughts they are willing to share with other public figures privately?

I am reminded of Milan Kundera and some of his observations on eavesdropping and such - if we do not allow each other to express thoughts and ideas, either ours or those of others we pick up along the way, verbally, in writing, in whatever way we can, to ourselves and to others, then we set up society for unhappy futures, unable to flush out caustic, contentious cynicism through constant conversation.

Thanks to the folks at the courthouse who make paying annual property tax a smooth, painless process; Jalissa T at Steak-Out; the workers behind the scenes at CCI, but especially Shelley and Dr. Mathews; the growers, harvesters and distributors of the cut oatmeal I eat every day; Dr. Selkin for giving me the view to the stars without the aid of prescription eyeglasses so I could watch meteors and Venus in the wee hours this morning; the team that picks up my trash at the road weekly; the post office service for guaranteed delivery of daily mail; those who appreciate my writing for the sarcasm and irony that it attempts to be (most of the time).

I am who I am and because of who I am, I am going to work on a lengthy short story for a while and lay down this electronic blogging pen.

Until next time...

Have you ever wondered about the living beings, anywhere, not just on this planet, being clueless about what living is, and just because they can travel [what appears to be] great distances doesn't mean they've accumulated the same set of knowledge we have?  An automatically migrating set of states of energy (think monarch butterfly or crane) using this planet as a stop along the way to reproductive "wintering" grounds at another location in what we think of as a another dimension?

Many people have wondered about that.  I'm going to explore the thoughts of those people in my short story and see where the story ends up.

The Committee of 7.5 will have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment