Thursday, December 16, 2010

Flue with Flu

Friends tell me you can't change human nature so why I am observing and commenting on our activities as if they're correctable, my friends can't say.

A cat is a cat.

A living thing is a living thing.

Instead, my friends want me to focus on marketable, profitable stuff with which they can work their sales magic.

All for what?

So Jay Leno can treat women like whores and Pat Sajak can stare at his contestants' breasts?

Maybe today I shouldn't observe our culture, ignoring subtle hints about impeachable futures and false wargame threats, when I am in a mood for the quiet absence of cultural stimuli, away from barking dogs, billboards and mechanistic sounds (i.e., a constrictive headache narrows my view).

I forget many a day what the instant gratification of cultural interaction does to one's thought sets floating in a neurochemical bath of glandular animal magnetism.

To have one's inner eye pointed toward a far-away future is not nearly as exciting as living in the moment.

What if my friends are right and one moment is the same as another except for symbol set members?

Everyone has a valid opinion that can oppose the facts.

Am I right about the transformation of our species over the next thousand years or are my friends right and our civilisation is going to collapse in on itself as it always has, the survivors picking up the pieces and making the same mistakes again but in a new language, using new symbology/vocabulary to justify their version of the truth?

Either way, getting some members of our species off this planet is of prime importance.

The cheaper the method of achieving escape velocity, the more resources we have for finding/founding a new home.

I can spend my time here analysing the story not being told by the words and actions of "judges" on an a capella contest (of course, you know, as well as the show's producers and judges, that U.S. Southerners are statistically more likely to win these types of U.S.-based shows) or I can keep looking up at the big picture.

I choose the latter.

Time, once again, to make our space adventures more attractive, more seductive (yes, that means to the brain) and less pedestrian than, but still familiar to, our life on the home planet.

If our species is going to be the same, let's give ourselves more room to play at being responsible for our future together!

Remember that epic novel I was working on with its universal language/code? Turns out, as I may have told some of you, it is not directly translatable into our written/spoken languages. It can be described, though, like an exchange of states of energy in chemical/physical terms.

Are you willing to deprogram yourself and shed your hereditary cultural self in order to move into the realm of "states of energy" speak...don't get too excited just yet. Food for thought for now.

The rest of us are still getting excited about short jaunts into the outer reaches of Earth's natural attraction. After your ride into space, don't forget to stop in the gift shop and take home some souvenirs that'll be valuable memorabilia to future generations!

It's good to retrace the outline of my sole reason for being here even if the universe waits for no one to discover and reveal its many wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment