Friday, December 3, 2010

Another Instance of Deprogramming Gone Wild

One side effect of the leaking wiki wikis - the dilution of years of brainwashing people into believing that there's something worth working/fighting/dying for.

Me, included.

If our leaders and fellow citizens are rotten to the core, why follow or join the crowd with them?

Despite my everyday practice of reasoning and rationalising (not to mention rationing), I hold a childhood belief in a sense of fair play.

Oh, to be innocent again.

One does not live on deer meat alone.  Not for very long.

With no mortgage to pay and no [grand]children to raise, I am left to ask what is there left to justify my social compromises to help others compromise in their social interactions with others who compromise in promises they make to compromise my privately-compromised publicly-solid positions.

All of this inside the parallel universe that is this blogged storyline.

How can I tell the difference between the old Chinese way of teaching neighbours to spy on and report their neighbours' activities and the American way of its public/private citizens spying on its citizens un/knowingly?

How can I tell my international friends that the Western [i.e., American] way is any better than their sociopolitical systems full of bribery, cheating, spying and assassination?

Most people don't care.  No matter how good/bad the news, they still have their cocooned lives full of mortgages, baby food, car payments, job requirements and personal ties to political/popular figures to maintain.

My cartel friends ask me what is it that I'm trying to say here.  Do they need to increase their laundered investments in my companies overseas?  Are their any political figures, security forces or average citizens they haven't bought for me already, either through direct bribes or subliminal advertisement campaigns?

I ask them to keep the back channels open as usual because, with the plugging of public leaks that continues to take place, I need the free flow of information one way or the other to manage this planet while building my resources to get me and mine off the planet before it's too late.

"Too late for what?," you might ask.  That, my poorly informed friends, is for me to know and you to find out.  If it's a dog-eat-dog world, I sure am going to keep some secrets to myself to protect the freedom of information inside the imaginary world here.

The social structure of this species into which my combined states of energy were born is more confining than I want to accept.  There's a whole galaxy of possibilities out there that have nothing to do with our paranoid species-confinement tactics.  Whatever form I (or my extended/extracted self) takes, I'm getting off this globe ASAP.

As we've already imagined, when prisons become "soylent green" factories, you'll know there's no limit to the compromises a species will take to treat its special members to privilege.  Not enough food to feed the masses?  Increase monitoring of the species to create more unprivileged lawbreakers and thus more bodies to process protein to feed the shrinking "free" population.  Instead of swords into plowshares, abolish crematoria and establish smorgasbords!

I ask the bare trees outside, "How did we get into this mess?  Is my brain really that much more valuable than your light-seeking leaves?"

The end never justifies the means, no matter how much we convince ourselves otherwise.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  This is just a blog.

In the real world, people [like to] believe their leaders and their governments and their employers and their fellow citizens are operating at the highest level of integrity, openness and honesty.

What is real?  A package of crushed red-hot peppers - that's about as real as it gets.  Remove the label from the packaging and the contents are still the same, as eye-watering and flavourful as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment